Friday, 9 March 2012

Departmental seminar on local resources... Delivered (tick)...

Introduced the one-stop-shop website to a packed house (about 70). Did a walk-through of the website, the DMPOnline and some documents I've written on metadata and short-term data management (Psychology specific and tailored to the University).

Got some awkward questions on why the University wasn't doing more re infrastructure. Had to hold my hands up and say you can only do what you can do with what you have available and what I'm telling you re Dropbox and the like is better than doing nothing and loosing your work!

On Monday the depts Director of Research will be sending around the URL to the one-stop-shop together with my Survey Monkey 10 question exist survey.

The projects external evaluation AT was also at the seminar to help gauge the projects impact.

Want to take a look at the website?

2 comments:

  1. I truthfully enjoy your own writing kind, very remarkable,don’t give up as well as keep writing due to the fact that it simply just worth to follow it.Looking forward to see a whole lot more of your current well written articles, enjoy your day. Anyway,just want to say that it's nice dropping by your blog site.information management systems

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first
    comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.
    I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    flights to jeddah

    ReplyDelete